Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mommy Daughter Date Night





Last Saturday I took Madelyn on a Mommy Daughter date. Chad and I were feeling like Maddie needed to be given a night of one on one attention because it has been a little adjustment for her to share her time with a new baby brother. So the plan was to go to dinner wherever she wanted to go, and then she wanted to go to the party store and buy a crown. So she chose to eat at Olive Garden which is on her five fave list. Whenever you ask Maddie what she wants for dinner (even if we aren't going out) she says either: McDonalds, IHOP, Olive Garden, Costco, or Texas Roadhouse. So we went to Olive Garden, and she wanted to sit on the same side of the booth as me, which was fine but it was just a little funny because It made me think of a date Chad went on when he was in College where the girl sat on the same side of the booth as him, and he was uncomfortable the whole time because they were so close which makes the conversation awkward. By the way this girl was hearing impaired which is probably why she wanted to sit on the same side in the first place. I still give Chad a hard time about it. :) So back to mine and Maddie's date....anyways so we sat on the same side, and we had so much fun! We talked about wine and why we couldn't drink it and about what kind of crown she wanted from the party store and about starting Kindergarten, and a bunch of other stuff. She is so funny! So then we went to the party store and she was certain that she wanted a "Gold" crown so when we got to the crown section she liked the silver crowns better and she had a hard time choosing. I was shocked that it was only $1.50 so we walked around the whole store and looked at everything and she decided that she also wanted a balloon and some lip gloss, so all together I only spent $3.50 so I thought that was awesome!

I can't believe how big she is and that she is going to be in school and she is just growing up so fast! I decided that we are going to have to have a Mommy Daughter Date on a regular basis! I need to have my time with her while she is still young enough to want to spend time with me, and so that I don't miss the moments that seem to slip by so fast.

5 comments:

  1. I'm thinking Ms. Maddie and Braelyn would be great friends because Brae's favorite places to eat are OG, McDonalds, and IHOP! I can't believe we have soon to be kindergarteners on our hands! Crazy! She is darling! I would love to meet your cute kids one day! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I also need to do more one on one stuff with my kids. You have a very cute little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is soooo cute! I didn't know that you guys went & did that! I love doing one on one dates with my boys, haven't done one in a while. You have inspired me to go & do that some more. Olive Garden is in my top 2, if not numero uno!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you told me about your blog! I love having one and reading others to keep in touch! I know I always say this, and it is true everytime I say it, but I am the worst friend ever! We need to get together. I will call you and we can set something up! BTW I love the one on one Mommy time! It is hard to do but is always worth the effort when you get there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hellooooo, update please? Do I annoy much?

    ReplyDelete